Wednesday, August 16, 2006

edge of the country

I begin one last whirlwind week of ESOL teaching tomorrow, again to a group of Japanese students. Although I'll have to get up at 6 am for a while, it will be a nice change of pace. Typesetting all the time makes me crazy, and I'll get to ride my bike every day again.

I'm going to teach a creative writing class at Cal State San Marcos this fall. But I need to update my syllabi. Much of what worked at the Corcoran is not going to work in a workshop class with 25 students with wide-ranging backgrounds. I miss teaching though, and I'm looking forward to it.

Today I bought tomatoes, blackberries, peaches, cilantro, and squash at the farmers market. And tamales for dinner. The farmers market seems like it's one of the few places in Carlsbad where it's ok to speak Spanish.

2 comments:

Juliegoose said...

farmers markets + spanish = love

K. Lorraine Graham said...

Absolutely, Julie!