Thursday, January 05, 2006

kidnap me


Actually, someone tried when I was younger and a lot less wise but wise enough. All I need is a patron who requires nothing but art and witty conversation in exchange, and I would go anywhere.

Mark and I packed up this head made by John Havelda. He has a whole closet of them back in Porto. A closet of wax heads! Occasionally I dream about the head, just like I do the mask. Usually it's singing to me or I'm asking it for advice. I have trouble with objects that look like sentient beings. The head of this is made of wax and it felt strange to wrap it up and put it in a box. Maybe I've seen too many horror movies.

My place of the week is/are the Marquesas. Lester is singing "very good, very good," so I know he agrees.

4 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

we still have a few days to get our act together. between the three of us all three have been kidnapped or pseudo-kidnapped, while i am the only one with kidnapping experience, and obviously i am very rusty.

nice wax head.

Ray said...

Lorraine should go to coffee hour at her old work at 2:10, and then she should go to happy hour at her old work at 2:30. (Although, happy hour at 2:30, while a goodfunny idea in theory, now sounds to me like a baddumb idea. Nap hour, anyone?)

Maybe I will have a "Speaking Test" for my students today with a "Discussion Topic" about kidnapping. Some of my students are kind of insane. I bet I can learn a lot. I will report back.

Ray said...

Alp was drawing with pen on his arm. He drew small designs that looked like Chinese characters but were made of our (A, B, C...) alphabet, just like the web page that you showed him. Oh, Alp...

tmorange said...

does it say "cul" on that wax head's forehead? as in ass?