Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Typhoon Gonu Update

Well, Mary wrote to say that as of very early this morning, the eye of the typhoon was about to pass over Muscat, and that the water is rising pretty rapidly, but thus far the first floor isn't flooded--they've just been doing a lot of mopping. Parts of Muscat tend to flood fairly easily because most of the roads anywhere are built on dry wadis, so they become natural channels for the water with any little bit of rain.

Dad's up in Sohar helping everyone in the job site evacuate. I'm sure that's fun.

I suspect that my sisters might even be having a good time--there are several other families that live in the same compound, so I'm sure that the kids are hanging out together during the day. I probably would have enjoyed it when I was 9ish, regardless of whether or not the situation were actually dangerous.

No comments: