Saturday, June 09, 2007

Even though I deeply enjoy romantic escapism...

Frank Sinatra is not my favorite anything. I especially abhor his slow songs with strings. "Nancy (with the Laughing Face)" is one of my least favorite songs. If I'm going to listen to Sinatra, he'd better be singing with a big band, and there'd better be over the top horns--"Come Fly with me" or "Luck be a Lady," for example.

We had friends over for dinner last night. I mashed lamb meat and onions and bulgar and other things to make kibbeh with joy and energy! I am so happy that my eyes are closed!

Mark and I went to the Daly Ranch this morning for a nice, moderately strenous hike. Heading east past Escondido, the landscape looks more or less like this until you get over the mountains and into the desert.

No comments: