Thursday, February 15, 2007

It is February, and you are cold and going crazy

In Southern California, it is relatively warm. Also, I don’t hate my work life and I love my boyfriend.

Actually, today it is quite warm. And tomorrow it will be 75.

One of my students wanted to talk about Man Ray yesterday. We were talking about Ford Economics and the 1920s, and he said, "But what about art and culture in the US then? What about Dada and Surrealism?" Bless you, my ESL students!

As Mark and I were driving to the restaurant for a post-reading dinner, we saw short man in a green hooded sweatshirt with bunnies all over it. Also, he was wearing a backwards baseball cap. He was crossing the road into the shopping center.

As I was riding home from teaching today, I rode through town and picked up some millet for Lester. While waiting for the light to change, a woman looked at me suspiciously. Or at least she squinted her eyes and shook her head a bit. Then, she said, "Shouldn't you be in school?" I looked at her and said, "I wish I were still in school." Then the light changed.

Today, as I was running, a guy stuck his head out of his silver pickup truck and yelled "Yeaaahhhh Bluuuueeeee!" I was wearing a blue shirt.

1 comment:

Ryan W. said...

sometimes the world is just like all the people were let out of the people zoo, and they're zoo animals but they can talk, and do.