Friday, December 08, 2006

I got into Pincha Mayurasana without props today and stayed there. Yes, I was near the wall--but no block and no strap. I probably balanced for all of about five seconds before having to put my foot back on the wall, but I could imagine what it might be like to stay up there a while.

I like inversions. I'm not afraid of being upside down. A weak back and tight shoulders used to limit me in Pincha Mayurasana, and my elbows used to splay outward without a strap buckled and looped over my arms. Not today.

I'm a long way from being able to put my feet on my head, though.

4 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

whoa, i'm impressed.

mike c said...

You need a picture of You doing that.

K. Lorraine Graham said...

I do need a picture of me doing that, but not for the blog!

Jessica Smith said...

um.... no. not for the blog. when are you leaving for oman? have i asked you this a hundred times already?