Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Suprise

The only major advantage to having an office job (other than the obvious advantage of having a regular salary) is access to printers and photocopiers. My Dusie chapbook is going slower than usual. I'm hoping to assemble it next week.

Dan and Mike left this morning. I wish everyone I liked lived down the road from each other and me, too.

I'm getting caught up on email. I have five jobs this week. Three big ones and three small ones.

I'm teaching in the afternoons for the next few weeks, which means I don't have to get out of bed early.

There are more people on the bus during the day than at 6:45 am. Or at least there were today.

Riding the bus in north county San Diego is a suburban California version of drifting. It's slow, you can't move fast, your route is not direct, you come in contact with a public you'd never otherwise see or touch. I passed one of my coworkers on my bike today. He lives a block away, and I passed him on my bike just as he was getting out of the car. It took us the same amount of time to travel the 6.5 miles.

No comments: