Sunday, July 08, 2007

8 Random Facts Meme

Jessica tagged me. So. 8 Random things.

1. With the exception of Sand Beach in Acadia National Park in Maine--which seemed like a complete anomaly--I'd never been to the beach in the United States before I went with Mark and our friend Jerry to the beach in Delaware a few years after I graduated from college. I thought Mark was joking when he talked about Delaware beaches. Delaware beaches seemed impossible.

1a. I went to some California beaches as a child, but I don't remember them.

2. When I was six, my best friend and I were convinced we were from Mars. We had a secret language that we learned to speak. One night on a 4H camping trip I was speaking the secret language in my sleep and I kicked someone in the chin. My friend had to wake me up.

3. I have trouble sleeping when Mark is not here. When I must sleep alone, I sleep on the couch in the living room, with Lester, in full view of the door, escape routes planned.

4. When I watch TV, I usually watch it without the sound on. I watch captions and play my own music.

5. I pick up new languages quickly and am professionally good at a lot of things: public policy, teaching, graphic design, event planning, even, sigh, accounting, etc. This has made my life difficult because it gives me the illusion that I actually have options.

6. I've never been baptized. I was raised as a Baha'i, but I no longer practice.

7. My skin is hypersensitive. I can smell everything.

8. Eventually, I want to leave wherever I am.

3 comments:

mike c said...

Sensitive Fact About Me

1) I can smell through my skin.

Nada Gordon: 2 ludic 4 U said...

You were raised as a Baha'i? Whoa!

tmorange said...

ah, even at a tender young age klo was a good spicerian!

check out poto and cabengo. a film was made about them by j.-p. gorin, an occasional collaborator with godard, but it seems quite impossible to obtain a copy of it.