Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Going to hear Michael Kearns at UCSD this afternoon. If I were still in DC, this is the kind of event that I'd probably skip, just because I would be going to a lot of other events. Ditto with the Rikki Ducornet reading I went to last week. But it's been good for me. Here's Mr. Kearns' bio:

Michael Kearns has been writing, producing, performing, and directing socially relevant theatre for more than thirty years. The author of five theatre books, Kearns has been a consistent voice in the battle against HIV/AIDS. In addition to his internationally acclaimed solo work, Kearns has also appeared on television and in film. He currently teaches acting and solo performance in Los Angeles, where he is Artistic Director of Space At Fountain's End.

I was going to post a picture of me and Lester, but I'm all sweaty after my run and kind of cross eyed. Lester, of course, looks green and fabulous.

Oh, I'm on Myspace now. C'mon over and be my suburban despaced displaced electronic friend.

Two poems I need to write are:

1. Man Among Men
2. I Come from the Land of Ice and Snow

3 comments:

Lisa said...

no way! lisa started a myspace account on monday! great minds think alike. :-)

tmorange said...

good luck: myspace is having a hard time overcoming it's reputation as a stalker/predator's best friend.

K. Lorraine Graham said...

Indeed. I don't have a picture of myself for my profile. I think after my, uh, "friend" from flickr, I'm pretty careful about that.