Sunday, January 21, 2007

The color of purple cabbage / eat me

is lovely. And the indigo color of water in which purple cabbage has been cooked is equally lovely. I almost dyed a shirt in it, but I don't know anything about the permanence of such a dye.

I made cabbage leaves stuffed with rice, green lentils, and various spices. Very good, although it will be some time before I can actually roll cabbage leaves (or grape leaves) so that the filling doesn't fall out.

The Paleolithic era was not a time of communal unity and oneness. It wasn't the dark ages either.

I've never even read Gustav Sobin's The Fly-Truffler, but it irks me. After young beautiful fragile wife (and former student) dies, hero eats truffles and thinks of her, thinks he is consuming her. (Dead) woman comes to embody the spirit of land and language.

Ugh!

No comments: