Monday, March 31, 2008

Breathing Again

My nephew is nearly 2, and is already talking up a storm. He's energetic, inquisitive, and sweet. And he's proof that toddlers aren't always picky eaters: he has his favorites, of course (blueberries) but he'll try almost anything. And he doesn't like potatoes, which means that he doesn't demand to eat fries all the time. I also discovered Quorn, which is really one of the best meat substitutes or meat-free foods I've ever had. I think that I had the "chicken style tenders," which were toothy and had a nice texture.


I stocked up on sumac and dried pears at the Berkeley Bowl, and also bought a copy of The Transformation from Pegasus Books. And I'm going to read it. And I'm also going to take a nap.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Quorn makes by far the best fake meat products. Good for reluctantly vegetarian eating mate. I use the "chicken" "cutlets" for ersatz chicken parmesan.

K. Lorraine Graham said...

Yes, it was an amazingly good fake meat product!

If only I could find fake cheese as good....