Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I need to clean my bathroom


As a child, I made endless diagrams of horse barns and bathrooms. As I've probably said before, I never fantasized about my future wedding, but I did imagine building the perfect horse barn and one day having a very large bathtub in a clean, sunlit atrium with lots of plants.


I wish I still had some of these old diagrams--sometimes the bathtubs were basically swimming pools. Blame it on my early experiences in the blue baths in Rotorua, New Zealand. Apparently the buildings surrounding the baths are also amazing, but I remember nothing about Rotorua except the water.

2 comments:

mark wallace said...

Just to make sure everyone understands, you might want to clarify that there are two bathrooms in your apartment, one cleaned by the man and one by the woman. I've been there. I've seen them.

K. Lorraine Graham said...

Yes. The bathroom cleaned by the man is in general cleaner than the one cleaned by the woman, but when the one cleaned by the woman is cleaned, it is cleaner than the one cleaned by the man ever is. But this doesn't happen often.