Thursday, November 01, 2007

I am not really sick anymore.

I am not 100% but I'm close to 80%. Good. Now I can go to Kasey's reading this afternoon at Cal State San Marcos, and we can still have people over for dinner tomorrow.

I am going to connect with my Texas roots (from my Dad's side of the family) and make Chili con Carne. Correctly. With the right kinds of chilis, and no beans, as is traditional. I do use some tomatoes though--which is kind of a violation of tradition, but they make the chili taste better.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Hope you get better. I have been bed-ridden for the last 2 weeks with pneumonia. Sickest I've ever been in my entire life. Couldn't even move for a week or so.

mle linkner said...

lorraine,
emily lincoln here. have been wondering where you are and what you're doing! tim sent me the link to your blog. so happy to see you well and brilliant and beautiful as ever (barring this cold which is hopefully waning by now).
will check back now and again....
lovely to know how you're doing!
email me if you get a chance.....
mLe