Thursday, November 16, 2006

Met with six students today. I'm glad they seem to be excited and interested in their final projects.

Wrote article about alternatives to Christmas trees--ones that don't involve chopping down trees. I like evergreen potted vines. Depending on what kind of trellis you build, you can have them grow into traditional Christmas tree pyramid shape, or something else.

Got a copy of Steph Rioux' low button magic V. I think I'll write something about it later.

Jerome Rothenberg is reading this evening at CSUSM.

My dad's laptop arrived today. I will lug it through no less than 5 airports to Oman in December.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my hot pink non-dead (because never living!) x-mas tree FINALLY. I don't know if you remember last year but I was really depressed because I couldn't find a hot pink tinsel tree. God bless Tar-ge-ay and the dollar spot.

-- R

Luís Galego said...

interesting....

K. Lorraine Graham said...

I can never predict what posts people will comment on. Was this really an interesting post? Interesting.

Ray--I'm glad you found a hot pink tinsel tree. Mark and I have a frosted electric blue tree that sits on our table.

Kim--A jade plant could work really well! But, your cat ate some of it? Oh well, jade plants tend to be hardy and grow fast...

csperez said...

where can we find this article?

K. Lorraine Graham said...

It's going on some website somewhere that's not up yet, but I'll let y'all know when it is. It's not a glorious piece of writing--it's fairly key word dense/SEOed, but the information is solid.

Stanley Bishop Burhans said...

My grandfather was in the Christmas tree business for many years, and decided Christmas trees were dirty, nasty things, always shedding their needles everywhere. So he bought a plastic tree that snapped together and we would put it up together. It was quite clean.