Wednesday, November 01, 2006


I've at last uploaded the pictures from the CalArts / Redcat / Impunities conference and put them into a set. If you're one of my flickr contacts, you can add tags, so please do. I don't think I'll have the chance to lable all the photos until next week, but at least they're no longer sitting on my camera.

Mark is reading at UCSD this evening in the New Writing Series.

Book Release Party for Omnidawn Press
Wednesday, Nov 1, 4:30 pm Visual Arts Performance Space

Contributors will read from ParaSpheres: Extending Beyond the Spheres of Literary and Genre Fiction, an anthology of Fabulist and New Wave Fabulist Fiction. ParaSpheres, which explores the porous boundary between mainstream literary fiction and the genres of fantasy, horror, and science fiction, has already gathered excellent reviews.

Featured contributors include:
  • L. Timmel Duchamp, the author of Love's Body, Dancing in Time and The Red Rose Rages.
  • William Luvaas, the author of The Seductions of Natalie Bach and "The Firewood War."Carol Schwalberg, whose short stories have appeared in Wordplay, Woman, Ita, and Fair Lady.
  • Noelle Sickels, who has published two historical novels, Walking West and The Shopkeeper's Wife.
  • Mark Wallace, the author of Nothing Happened and Besides I Wasn't There and Sonnets of a Penny-A-Liner.

3 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

i had the strangest dream about you. it involved you kicking behrle's ass. i was so impressed.

i don't think this qualifies under the "when i dream about you you're actually just you" category, at least not yet.

Anonymous said...

I really like the artist from the poster. His name is Micheal Parkes, I really enjoy his work. Have fun in San Fran.

Jesse

K. Lorraine Graham said...

Cool. I kicked some specific ass! Great--as I said, I have been aquiring superhuman powers in my dreams lately.

I also like the cover artist--thanks for clueing me into his geographic location (I didn't know he was in California), but which Jesse are you?