2. Today's ailments:
- Sinus headache
- Regular headache
- Tight external rotaters (or is it rotators?), especially on the left size
- Asthma acting up
- General nervousness about the weather and the Halloween decorating I must do for my EFL classroom.
3. Today's teaching screw-ups:
- Choosing "pomegranate" for a game of hangman and then spelling it "pommegranet"
- Choosing "mollusk" for a hangman word, then thinking I'd spelled it wrong when in fact I'd spelled it correctly. One of my students is a biologist.
- Asking vague questions such as, "So, what do you think of Aristotle?"
4. Etc. Today I learned the word "pococurante." It can be an adjective, meaning "indifferent" or apathetic." Or a noun, meaning "one who does not care." And yes, pococurantism is a word in use. Are any of you, dear readers, pococurants?