Monday, August 22, 2005

Some things that are true

  • I thought I saw a rat in the apartment two days ago.
  • I thought I saw a rat in the apartment yesterday.
  • It is Monday.
  • I baked two flaxseed and soy carrot cakes on Sunday.
  • My flaxseed-soy carrot cake actually tastes good.
  • On Saturday I ate vegan cake with "OM" written on it.
  • There is a lot of talk about food and eating, metaphorically, in the first books of the Upanishads.
  • I've been reading Orlando, by Virginia Woolf.
  • I've been reading fast-paced nonfiction about Papua New Guinea and Melanesia.
  • I have been thinking about tree kangaroos.
  • I've started writing poems every evening after reading the Upanishads and now I'm worried that I'm writing some dull feminist creation myth series. Feminist creation myths are great, but they've been done before.
  • Is a Buddhist angel a dharmapala or dodhisattva?
  • Encinitas, California has letter streets.
  • I am going to make some mint tea.

No comments: