Monday, June 15, 2009

I Have Questions


Does anyone perform the Ursonate slowly (Schwitters' version sounds slow, obviously, compared to Christian Bök's)--or the Presto like a Largo and the Largo like a Presto?

Does anyone ever perform the Ursonate with non-German pronunciation. Today on my run I was humming a particularly catchy section of the Presto and amusing myself by thinking of all the non-German ways I could pronounce it.

Why is my left eye all twitchy?

Is it possible for a normal human being like me to one day be able to do full hanumanasana (aka the splits)?

Will "people" like my book?

5 comments:

rodney k said...

Hi Lorraine,

I think you know this already, but this is a terrific poem.

mark wallace said...

I have a question too. Did that little dog do all that?

K. Lorraine Graham said...

Rodney--thanks : )

Mark--we both know that that little dog is perfectly capable of having done all that.

Andy Laties said...

http://www.fluxmass.org/music/ursonate/ursonate.php

it depends on my mood.

tmorange said...

jaap blonk does a rather lento and even pianissimo ur-sonate -- tho i'm not sure if it's on the CD i have or in a live performance i've heard.

t.