Thursday, December 25, 2008

If I can't find a mask, maybe I can, I don't know, paint my face or just wear excessive eye make up.

I slept until 9:30. It was amazing. Once I settled down and checked the locks on all the doors, well, I won't say exactly how many times, but it was more than twice, I fell deeply asleep. Before I fell asleep I worked on my writing project that is loosely connected to this trip. Today I had some of the Christmas bread (like fruit cake, but nicer and less sweet) I brought with me for breakfast, spoke with people on the phone. The sun came out so I went for a walk up college and to the university and all around and around. I found a coffee shop and sat and wrote for nearly two hours. What resulted is the first draft of a story thing that is kind of ridiculous, but I think I like it. And anyway it doesn't matter if I like it or not. I just have to finish it.

Today certainly has been a strange day--first sleeping until I don't feel like sleeping anymore, then walking, lazing in a coffee shop, and writing energetically.

My original food plan for today was to find some ramen around the campus, but I ended up eating some really excellent shwarma with rice, salad and lentils at an Israeli restaurant before heading home. I just finished doing some yoga and I'm feeling mellow, rested, and excited.

Tomorrow, I'm going to head into Chinatown to try and find a (very inexpensive) mask for the SPD reading, and to look around the Embarcadero like I always do. At some point, I'll meet up with Tom and head down to the mission to see Julian T. Brolaski and Tyrone Williams read in the Earthworm Reading Series.

No comments: