Sunday, September 18, 2005

Readings, Mice

Last night I read with M. Magnus and Megan McShea in the i.e. poetry series at Red Emma's Bookstore in Baltimore. It was fun. Being from DC (I guess I'm from DC), I like Baltimore and say things like "I'd like to live in Baltimore) everytime I go.

I'd never met Megan before--she gave a lovely reading and interesting and intelligent things to say about experimental music in Baltimore and elsewhere. She has work in Shattered Wig.

I know M and his work from DC, but he read new stuff that I'd never heard, including a hillarious T.S. Elliot spook! You can read some of M's work online in Your Black Eye.

And, ooh, Daniel Higgs of Lungfish was there.

Lester is signing/saying "Salt peanuts salt peanuts" and "Lester's a pretty bird!" in his little raspy robot bird voice--it's very cute!

Being in Baltimore last night, I didn't have the chance to go to an event at Kaplans, but I suspect he should say something about it on his blog, croissant factory.

Also, there is a tiny and brazen mouse in my apartament who is eating Lester's food. Does anyone have any advice about what to do?

No comments: