Thursday, June 07, 2007

Commentary

Yesterday, a guy yelled"hey mamasita" at me as I was coming home from the market. A drunk guy hanging out on the bluffs above the beach giggled at me as I walked by, both coming at going. I rarely receive this kind of commentary here in Carlsbad. Usually it's just random people saying "hello." Last year around Halloween, people threw eggs at me, and also people like to yell the color of my t-shirt at me: "go greeeeen!" or "go bluuuuue!" I might have blogged about this before, but once someone yelled "slut!" at me from their pick up truck as I ran by. But they were stopped at a stop light. So I stopped, looked at them, and yelled, "Bitch tools!"

No news from Dad or Mary about Oman, the typhoon, and how they're doing. The Cyclone has passed over Muscat at this point. My family lives within a mile of the beach so it's quite possible that there's been some flooding.

No comments: