Thursday, September 30, 2004

Dancing, Strange Deaths

  1. Is it really true that "Aeschylus the Greek dramatist, died in 456 BC when a vulture, mistaking his bald head for a stone, dropped a tortoise on it?"
  2. It is really true that "Isadora Duncan wore scarves which trailed behind her, and this caused her death in a freak accident in Nice, France. She was killed when her scarf caught in the wheel of her friend Ivan Falchetto's Bugatti automobile. As the driver sped off, the long cloth wrapped around the vehicle's axle. Ms. Duncan was yanked violently from the car and dragged for several yards before the driver realized what had happened. She died almost instantly from a broken neck."
I've just returned from a modern dance class that was a bit too advanced for me. I can tell I'm out of shape because not only am I stiff, weak, and slow, but I have a deteriorated sense of balance. I was doing a combination and I kept on getting stuck at this one point where literally all I had to do was shift my weight from my left foot to my right foot in order to go into a turn and it took me two or three times to get it right

If anyone can clear up the issue of Aeschylus and the tortoise, I'd appreciate it. I can work on balance and wearing short scarves on my own.

No comments: